Fees and Insurance
I currently participate on the following insurance panels as an in-network provider:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina (PPO & Indemnity only, No Blue Local or Blue Value)
- United Healthcare
- Cigna Behavioral Health
Services may be covered in full or part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. There might be other companies not listed that cover my services or offer out-of-network benefits. Please verify with your insurance company what coverage your plan offers.
Check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met for the current year?
- What is my co-payment?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
- Is an authorization number required?
If I do not specifically accept your insurance, I will provide you with a comprehensive billing statement that you can submit to your insurance company for potential reimbursement.
There is also the option to pay out-of-pocket for the services. There are both advantages and drawbacks of out-pocket payment and
However, there are advantages of private pay that may make the expense worth considering. Most insurance companies require a mental health diagnosis in order for therapy to be covered. When clients pay
Payment, either in full or a co-payment if insurance coverage is established is expected at time of service.
Cancellations made within less than 24 hours notice, or missed appointments, may incur a charge.